Louisiana Wrongful Death Lawsuit Attorneys
When someone we love dies, it is difficult enough. But when their death is senseless and caused by the negligence of another, those who are left behind suffer needlessly. Though nothing can bring back a loved one, Bohrer Brady’s experienced and skilled attorneys are dedicated to seeking justice through the courts in wrongful death lawsuits throughout the United States.
Car and Truck Fatal Crash Lawyers
Did a loved one die in a fatal car accident? Did a drunk driver take the life of someone close to you? Was someone killed in a collision with an 18-wheeler?
A deadly car or truck accident is difficult to deal with. Our wrongful death attorneys have helped countless families through the legal details of wrongful death claims.
Talk to wrongful death lawyers who can help.
If a loved one has died in a motor vehicle accident, our personal injury lawyers at Bohrer Brady have the experience, resources and expertise to help you and your family recover damages, including compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, lost wages, mental anguish, pain and suffering and other losses. Give us a call. We can help.CONTACT US
Why File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
There are a number of reasons why you should file a wrongful death lawsuit, including:
- The criminal justice system simply isn’t set up to provide justice or peace of mind for the families of victims. Prison sentences and criminal fines are usually not comforting to victims, and all-too-often, overburdened prosecutors and criminal courts have to rely on plea deals to clear their docket. A civil wrongful death suit is the only function of the justice system that truly allows your voice to be heard, and for you to call the shots as to whether or not to proceed with a case.
- The burden of proof is not as strict in a civil suit. In criminal court, the burden is on the prosecution to prove the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This can be difficult to prove when witness statements conflict, or other discrepancies exist. In a civil suit, you must only prove that the other driver was “more likely than not” to be responsible, raising the likelihood that you’ll have a positive outcome.
- Recovery is never complete, but a successful wrongful death claim can bring financial security for you and your family—compensation you deserve.
- In a wrongful death claim, family members can request compensation for your loved one’s pain and suffering, and for mental anguish.
- Your family can also bring a wrongful death claim to recover loss of companionship, loss of economic support and other damages.
If a family member has died in a fatal car accident, call the attorneys at Bohrer Brady. Our wrongful death lawyers can help you understand the laws and your rights.
Call us today for a free consultation. You do not have to go through this alone.CONTACT US